What is your experience?
I have completed an undergraduate in Psychology at Edinburgh University, a Master’s degree in Clinical Forensic Psychology at Kings College London, and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at University College London.

Within the NHS, I have worked in Recovery and Rehabilitation teams, Forensic in-patient units, Substance Misuse services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health services, Older Adult services, and a Psychodynamic Psychotherapy service. I am currently working in East London NHS Foundation Trust, and I am completing further foundation training with the Institute of Psychoanalysis.

Who are you registered with?
I am a Clinical Psychologist and hold HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) registration (my registration number is PYL040206).

What makes a Clinical Psychologist different?
The title “Clinical Psychologist” is legally-protected, meaning anybody using this title must have completed further education up to a doctoral level. This is different to terms such as “therapist” or “counsellor”, which anybody can use without training. As a Clinical Psychologist I am trained in multiple methods of therapy, alongside as a scientist and researcher. This ensures the work we do is based on up-to-date research within the field.

What type of therapy should I look for?
The answer is a combination of personal preference, knowledge, and professional advice. We can discuss this within the consultation sessions with the aim of promoting positive change in your life.

What if we feel we are not a good fit?
This can be discussed in the consultation sessions, and I will provide you with some alternative services if we feel we are not suited to working together.

What if I have to miss a session?
Charges apply for all cancellations or missed sessions. If we are engaging in longer-term work then holidays and breaks will be discussed together.